- 2lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 -2tablespoon olive oil
- 1garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4cup apple juice
- 1⁄3cup light brown sugar
- 2tablespoons ketchup
- 1tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2cup water
- 1⁄3cup soy sauce
- Editor’s Note: Named Bourbon Chicken because it was supposedly created by a Chinese cook who worked in a restaurant on Bourbon Street.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned.
- Remove chicken.
- Add remaining ingredients, heating over medium Heat until well mixed and dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice and ENJOY.